March 7, 2018

Quarter 3

I feel like I am treading water again. I finished progress reports and now here we are and Report Cards are coming up. The end of the 3rd quarter is nigh. This quarter we are doing student led conferences. Speaking of that I had to teach the office staff the difference between (lead-the way) (led-the way) and (lead-pencil). Yeah, I hope they ended up with the correct "led" in their documents. YIKES. Spring Break is coming but I am trying not to think about it because I have so much to do between now and then. ONE day at a time.

Learning to like coffee... still learning. I don't mind the warmth of it on a 4 degree morning. Still tastes like ...coffee...disgusting.

My challenging student is showing some very worrisome behaviors. It is a daily on-going challenge to keep ahead of this one. I am kind of numb to how weird things can be at this point. It isn't until I say it aloud to someone else that I start thinking ...Uh Yeah ...That is bizarre.

I went to dinner at a friends tonight. They made tacos and fried the tortillas. I'd rather be sleeping right now, but whatever oil they cooked in has not set well. I read that sometimes this can be the acid or sometimes an allergic reaction. Allergies especially to Canola oil. I don't know what they used. Once in a great while it will happen at a restaurant or someones house. I've never been able to figure out why it did sometimes and not other times. So, now I am wondering if it is an allergy.

I bought a diffuser for my classroom and occasionally I put essential oils in it. Mostly though I put in water. I've noticed a great reduction in bloody noses. In our dry winter air that happens a lot.

I also started my students can write me a note in a little notebook. They can write a note to me or draw me a picture one time a day. They ask me questions, remind me of things, tell about what is happening in their life, and draw me pictures. They can't use it to "Tattle-Tale" or write mean things. It has been fun to read them and it has helped me to connect to students that are not as easy to connect with, or that are just a little shy or quiet.. I use notebooks like the following:

Image result for small  memo notebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment