March 17, 2018

Volcanoes

Sometimes I feel like I am doing okay as a teacher. Then you do a reading on volcanoes. You read this non-fiction informative passage three times. You ask questions. You dive deep. You watch a video on volcanoes and how they form and what earth processes occur to make them erupt. You write on anchor charts and discuss again. Then you hand them a paper in which they answer questions about volcanoes, but think it will be okay because they can refer back to the passage to answer the questions. Then your students write in their answers that shield and cone shaped volcanoes are similar because they are different shapes. Sigggh...
And volcanoes erupt because of PLANTS! Plants.... beware of your house plants, there could be an eruption. Then to top it off one of the little darlings says that one of the properties of lava is that "it is made out of a hard-boiled egg."   

Did anything sink in?

I don't know, but I do know... it might be time for Spring Break

No comments:

Post a Comment