
I made it through Friday and even managed to teach the students a few things in between assessments. I forget how busy the beginning of the year is with assessing. We were told we had to do it ourselves. I don't know how we can do it all and teach. We can't use a retired teacher even to help. I don't think our new admin realizes how long this can take for each individual student. While we do these assessments our classes are given sorts of "busy work" so we can do this. We can't give them something that might cause them to be loud or we won't be able to hear the student we are working with. I don't know... seems there must always be something that adds another challenge to the day.
Speaking of challenges. I have seen my challenge almost daily this year. Since traveling to the city and getting help from a child psychologist and medication there seems to be a huge improvement. This will be a lifelong battle for this one. I hope that feeling more present will be enough to keep the student on the right track. It is terrible to see mental illness in one so young. The outcome is just a huge unknown.
I don't know if I will accomplish half of what I want to this weekend. One step at a time. If you have a cure for fall allergies let me know. If you could send some snow my way that would be even better. In the meantime I either want hot soup or icy cold treats. I have always found that a little lemon can help with the drainage. As long as this isn't eaten right before resting for the night. This is my favorite lemony treat...

It's cool and refreshing. The cup is not full above the brim as shown in the photo. It has a seal on it like a yogurt cup.It does have more sugar than I'd like. The ice and the lemon sure make a difference on some irritated passages. Once this passes, I will forget about it for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment