September 22, 2018

It's all about the COUGH!

I've been trying to get over whatever plagues is bugging me. I think I have a combination of inflammation from being in wildfire smoke all summer, fall allergies, and perhaps a cold. I've been eating A LOT of soup. A LOT. I only want hot soup or ice cold drinks and Italian Ice. Anything that causes the slightest bit of phlegm is out the door.  The part that is driving me the most crazy is NOT SLEEPING! I wake up hacking and coughing nightly. Then I have a terrible time going back to sleep. I've been tracking my oxygen levels and  it has improved. I think my lungs are doing better. I just need to end this coughing and phlegm. Since I haven't been sleeping well it just makes working a lot more difficult. I've just been doing one day at a time and not getting ahead of anything. Which is NOT the way to do it.

I decided to go spend some quality time in the cold and flu aisle to see if there was something I could take that would help the mucus and give me a good nights sleep. That aisle is daunting. There's nighttime, daytime, 24 hour, 8 hour, 4 hour,  no-hours or days mentioned. Then there is for cough, for mucus, for fever, for congestion, for aches, for blah blah blah. This isn't even reaching in to the Allergy part of the aisle. Multi-symptom, cough and cold, cold and flu, sinus, sinus and cold, throat and chest, cough suppressant, and on and on. Then there is different strengths maximum strength, regular strength,  severe etc. Then you have to decide do I want a syrup, a capsule, a tablet, wait their are lozenges. Sigh......Then you think okay maybe I'll try this because it says nighttime and I want to sleep. However, it comes with daytime and you can't get it without daytime. Also there are 24 daytime capsules and 8 nighttime capsules.   WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED!!!!!

Okay so fine I finally surrender pick something and go home to eat dinner.
Before bed I take the nighttime stuff that should help me. I still woke up coughing, but did fall back to sleep. I also woke up to use the bathroom several times and then went back to sleep. I haven't been able to do the fall back to sleep part. It did not remove any phlegm going on. What it did do was allow me to sleep, and sleeeep, and slllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp. I couldn't wake myself up long enough to accomplish anything.  Perhaps the maximum strength was too much for me. This aisle is way to much for people who don't feel well. UGGH


No comments:

Post a Comment