November 27, 2018
A NEW ONE!
Well Just when you're pretty certain you have said everything NOT to do on the playground someone tries something new. While on duty a student from another class came and said that two boys from my class had peed on the tire. I walked over to that side of the playground and called the two boys over to me. I walked them up to the teacher on that side of the playground. I said tell Mrs. So-and-so what you just did on the tire. One fessed up immediately and said "We peed on the tire." I said okay you need to go to the office ask from the principal and tell him what choice you made on the playground. The one little boy kept saying "I didn't do it, It wasn't me." I've heard that statement from him many many times this year. Usually, right after I watched him misbehave. So, I wasn't buying his "Not-Me" story. I went to tell the third teacher on duty and had just finished telling her and over the walkie-talkie we hear... "Mrs. So and So (the vice-principal) can you come to the office a couple of boys are in here that need to tell you about their playground choices." The teacher asked if she should tell them and I said yes. We went in from the playground and after quite awhile one of the boys returns, but not the other. Then the Vice-Principal came and I met her in the hallway. I had a para-professional in the room. The one boy who had not returned his parents when called said that he had to go outside and help clean it up. She said the one kept insisting that "It wasn't him and he didn't do it. The Vice-Principal said "So when I go outside and check, and I WILL go outside and check will I see one pee spot or two?" "...sigh...You'll see two." She suggested he might want to change his story then and he finally confessed. The tire is surrounded by pea-gravel and I assumed they had peed there. NOPE. They peed on the rim of the tire so they could watch it run around the edge. That boy had to go out with the Head Custodian and clean it up then sanitize it. They also have 4 recess detentions. It is so refreshing to a parent insisting upon consequences and then having an admin that enforces them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment