November 4, 2018

AMP Sunday!

Well... I did not accomplish much other than resting yesterday. I had to make up for it today. I went to school and completed my A.M.P.'s (Academic Monitoring Plans) for my students testing below grade level in reading. I hope they are up to "par" because it took a lot of thought and a lot of time to complete them. 

I then worked on printing out the students work for intervention, work for this week, and a couple of things for weeks ahead. I am doing a week related to Thanksgiving. Including both fiction and non-fiction reading materials. It is kind of a short week as we have two early release days for parent/teacher conferences and our usual early release on Wednesdays. I hope it will be engaging enough to get us both through this crazy busy week.

I have some grades to finish inputting tonight. Then I can focus on what is next.
I rarely read anything the crazy rag New York Times releases. It is usually a lot on the nutty side. This one though is accurate. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of teachers not using Research and Evidence based practices to teach reading. NYT  This is more than a little frustrating. I know that colleagues are still using these "Whole Language" approaches. I know our ridiculously expensive and poor quality Basal Reading program does NOT teach systematic phonics.  I just do not know how to change it. I honestly do not think most teachers know what systematic phonics instruction is.

I had to turn up the heat a couple of degrees tonight. I realized that not only was it a bit chilly outside it was a bit chilly inside. I think we have ended our Indian Summer, spent about two weeks in Fall, and have moved on to Winter.

I'm off to finish my grading...
Image result for grading meme

No comments:

Post a Comment