Made it through conferences and overall I think they went well. They are completely exhausting. You just hope you explained everything clearly and that parents understand the message. I have a couple of students who are very apathetic. If parents do not care, they don't care. It is very hard to motivate those kids.
It was nice to have a long weekend after conferences. I ALMOST got caught up on laundry. I had dinner with my little buddy who showed off his reading skills. He has been practicing in Kindergarten. Fun to see a kid begin to love reading!
I've been reading my class Superfudge, By Judy Blume. Now I hadn't read this book since well lets say grade school. It was read to me in second grade. As I began to read it to my class I had to edit a bit. Have times changed? Did my teacher edit it as she read it too us? Did some of the book go right over our heads? Hmmm It is still a funny and delightful book. However, I did have to edit a few times as I read.
Well... I'd better head off to prepare for tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment