August 26, 2020

Distance Learning

 Just when I think virtual teaching can't get any harder. Our admin throws something else at us. In true communist style we are asked to be on the same lesson, the same dialogue, at the same time, every day. If my students are doing well, I can't move forward unless the whole team is ready. If my students are struggling I can't stop and reteach that lesson, I have to move forward to the next lesson the following day. I can only reteach in small groups at certain times, but I have to reteach that lesson. This means it will be very difficult to meet the needs of individual students. If they aren't able to get on during the school day for instance, because their parents are both at work. It will be after my work hours and I won't be available for support. 

I'm beating my head against the wall, because I am not allowed to do what is right. It really sucks the joy out of teaching. It was a very frustrating day. If you want investment from your teachers you allow them to be creative and express themselves through their lessons. It's pretty hard to do with something this dry. I just agggghhhhhhhhhh

There's been times I've wanted to leave teaching, but NONE more so than at this time.  

I'm off to watch some dumb T.V. and try to relax before going to sleep.

G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment