The stress is not doing great things for me. I'm sure it is exacerbating my asthma issues. With my new medicine and increased medicine, I am also not sleeping well. I am doing my best to take it slowly today. I woke up with a massive headache. Which probably can be contributed to the stress and medicine as well. I talked with a friend this afternoon who also has asthma. It is always nice to speak with someone who has it that can understand how exhausting it is to do basic tasks when it is acting up. Other than my headache my asthma is better today. I also have not had to be outside which I am sure helps. I am working on laundry and dishes.
It has been very difficult to find a positive attitude. My planning meetings with my grade level teams have been an absolute nightmare. The circular talk has been as great as any politician. I'd leave every single meeting thinking, "I can't do this again." Our last meeting last week we split up tasks for the first quarter of school. I have been very quiet in these meetings, mostly because I've been focusing on having enough oxygen. I only speak up when necessary. So as we were splitting into groups to take on different tasks I didn't say much. A young first grade teacher that was moved to second this year because of the class sizes joined us. He's been in my reading endorsement classes too. He said "Trisha and I will be a group" I nodded my head in agreement. Yes, I want to work with the only guy who is also fed up with all these ladies drama. I've been working with him for our endorsement classes. It will be nice because we can be task focused and get the work done.
I am getting some blood-work done on Monday to determine if there is an underlying issue that is increasing my asthma issues. I had to ask permission to get to work a little bit later on Monday. It is walk-in only to get blood work. I am hoping that I will be the first one there and get it done quickly and get to school. I will be hungry after fasting all night so I will have to figure out breakfast to take to work. Perhaps some yogurt. Then I see the doctor again on Thursday after school hours. I hope that I can get some relief. The stress of this school year is insane. I hope parents understand that this is NOT what we want as teachers either. It is not in any way best practices for instruction.
We have next week to work on content and prepare for school starting September 8th. We also have our virtual back to school night on Wednesday. I have to do a video for that.
That's all I know for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment