June 2, 2011

Last Day!

This year flew by! I am finishing cleaning up my classroom since I have no students today. The mood is generally cheerful here. The pouters are still pouting the whiners still whining and the rest of us are just making it a good day! We had a school wide meeting with the superintindent yesterday to discuss the budget again. What we heard (AGAIN) was we don't know, and until we know, we don't know!!! Same story another day. I am glad I wasn't expecting a job next year here. One amazing thing happened though. The superintindent is calling another school district that is hiring and telling them to consider my application. I had no idea they were hiring. So I am hoping I will get my wish to stay in this state. We shall see!! Well I am off to clean up all of those last day details.

Oops I forgot to tell you what a student said on his last day of art.
Patrick- Grade 1
"Bye bye art room" "Bye Bye my dignity"
I started laughing.. and asked
" What does dignity mean?"
He said "My life"
I asked " So you're leaving your life behind in the art room?"
He answered "pretty much"
I laughed and laughed. So If you are missing your dignity... check no further than the art room.

Last fun quote overheard by me-
Third grade boy to a third grade girl-
" YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR A CUP IN SOFTBALL?"
His classmates quickly explained to him that boys and girls don't have the same "parts". SO funny

TTYL

2 comments:

  1. Actually............I can hardly wait for another school year to start so I can read your enlightening, hilarious posts!!!

    ReplyDelete