I was just sitting here thinking about all the things I forgot I wanted to accomplish before/after school today. I know when I get there in the morning... I will forget what was on my "To-Do" list. Yikes.... When I am there I will think about what is on my "To-Do" list at home. Oh boy...
We have been discussing and creating a list of "Homographs(words spelled the same but sound different), Homophones(words spelled differently but sound the same), contractions, and compound words. We've been creating a "word wall" of those special words. The kids get quite excited when they find a new one to add to the list. Yesterday on their way to recess I said don't forget to go to the bathroom. Then in a sing song voice I said "Bathroom... COMPOUND WORD". Now we have to stop fairly often to say in a sing song voice "Cowboy... COMPOUND WORD". However their favorite compound word is Bathroom. I need to come up with a funny way to remember the difference between a centimeter and an inch. :)
We are continuing to read " Little Britches.. Father and I Were Ranchers" by Ralph Moody. It is such a historically interesting story to read. It also captures those simple funny things in life. I learned from this that a "Rocky Mountain Canary" is a Donkey. I knew what "Rocky Mountain Oysters" were but a canary was new to me. The kids have been let loose with different "Art Projects" while I read the story to them. Yesterday they made "tree toppers" which I will spray paint gold or silver. I drew the backdrop for our Christmas Play after school yesterday and the High School girls were painting it today. Today with our kinders here we picked a simpler activity. They colored their own Christmas Stockings. Since I decorated the foyer with snowflakes, a fireplace, and stockings... the phenomena has grown. The older kids have added some of their own artwork to make it festive. The secretary LOVES all of the decorations.
Our Janitor keeps giving us dark, cranky, sullen, glares. When I was hanging paper chains and disturbing lots of arachnids. I wondered why it bothered her since the wildlife hadn't been disturbed in quite some time. I've never met a janitor who complained so much but had so little to complain about. Our students clean more than she does. Seriously... when I go home over the Holiday's I am picking up a Feather Duster because of the cobwebs and spiders. If this lady had vacuumed the art room at my last job. She'd think she was living the dream now.
I elected to have a "crazy hair" day next week. We shall see how much of a distraction that is :). Oh boy... I have these great ideas then later wonder "what was I thinking?" Well....before I forget...what I wanted to get done quickly at school... I am going to e-mail myself
Goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment