I had a parent that has been trying to meet up with me for a few weeks. I was a little bit nervous because I always assume the worst. Here is what she wanted to know... "What MORE can I do at home". This is a dream parent. I wanted to cry a little. Isn't that a beautiful question. I don't know if I will ever hear it again from a parent. It made my day. It was a fabulous way to end my school day.
The weather rolled in today. The wind, the wind, and the wind. Behind the wind was the snow. I am a mean teacher. My kids go outside unless it gets well below freezing. It is better for them than being trapped indoors all day. I discussed with one of my aides the concept of "Nature Deficit Disorder". I don't think my kids are suffering from this. However, it helped her to view going outside to play as something VERY important! Whatever works.
Play practice continues. The songs are ringing through my brain in my sleep. Yuck! They are doing pretty well though. The parents who have come in to help are enjoying it.
Thank you to EVERYONE who helped to raise money for my class fundraiser. We raised quite a bit of money. I can't wait to further plan our field trip. We made enough that this will definitely cover more than one field trip. AWESOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment