They gave me a job at branding. I am not sure how efficient or even quick I was but I did enjoy doing it. The speed at which the work was done today was pretty phenomenal. They had more help... but also smaller calves which made a BIG Difference! My chocolate cake tasted pretty good. My guess-timation wasn't too far off :)! We looked at the thermometer and it was about 23 degrees out there branding. I was glad for a warm coat. It was such a nice change to be out there. After I left there I drove to the other side of the Mountain for dinner at another one of my students homes. Their faces were lined up in the window pressed against the glass when I pulled up. It was pretty cute. I had a great time there as well. I was thinking I needed to drive to town tomorrow but... the past few weeks have just been so busy that I think I'd better wait till next weekend. It has only been welll.... it has been over a month since I have been to the grocery store! Seriously.... wow! I knew It had been awhile but WOW! Well....I managed...! My list is getting pretty long... it has everything from shoelaces..... to a Peeler on it :). Well who needs shoelaces when you have baling twine. I had to knock the icicles of my roof before my stairs turned into a skating rink. Ohhh I just remembered I need to throw some de-icer on that. Alright I'm going to do that then go warm up with my electric mattress pad. Good night
I apologize for the stupid ad's showing up on my blog.... when I figure out what button I accidentally pressed to turn them on.... I will reverse it! :)
P.S. There is very little that is funnier to a cowboy that tossing Rocky Mountain Oysters at one another while branding, tieing off cows, roping, vaccinating, etc. Just another reason to move quickly!
:)
ReplyDeletelove reading about life in the fast lane.
~Bryan