May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

It has been a somewhat eventful weekend. I hung up flyers throughout town about our Eclipse viewing party. I have been getting a positive response about it so that is a good thing. I have discovered that most of the locals will come if you plan something, but refuse to plan something for themselves. That way they can reserve the right to whine if it doesn't go the way they think it should I suppose.

Then I went to see Sourdough Slim and his friend Mr. Armstrong. I am not sure what was more entertaining his silly jokes or the enjoyment the 70+ year olds got out of his goofiness. If you enjoy the accordion, the saw, the ukelele, the guitar, the steel guitar, the banjo, the mouth harp, and the accordion well go see him. He is going to my Granny's home town soon. He would introduce a song as being out in 1926 and I am thinking a bit before my time. I do know songs from that era...but there  were many I'd never heard. The few I had heard were performed by request.. Yellow Rose of Texas, Don't Fence Me In, Ghost Rider in the Sky, and Happy Trails.  So there ya go..I'd never heard "Barnacle Bill the Sailor". Apparently my musical education has been lacking. It was worth the 7$ I paid to see him. Luckily I rode with some other people so I didn't have gas money on top of it. Yep... I went, I saw, I heard... and didn't buy a cd. I have been trying to upload video of this magnificent show...but It has only let me put one up so far. Probably has something to do with the painfully slow internet.

I drove into town yesterday for some shopping and prom avoidance. I hadn't been grocery shopping since spring break so I was due. I wanted to put it off for another week but now I am glad I did not. Once I started making a list I realized how much I needed to go shopping. I can probably make it now until I have to go to town in June for a class. Prom was this weekend. I decided to NOT be involved. It has been busy enough lately. It was also a community prom which can sometimes get a little out of hand from my understanding. It was very warm in town and felt like summer was here. I am sure we will have at least one or two more snows.

If you don't know what a "Mormon Cricket" is check them out. Apparently every 5 years or so they get really bad. They are actually a katy-did not a cricket. They are also carnivores and eat roadkill and each other. Apparently they march like the ants in the jungle. When they get really bad the roadways become as slick as ice with dead ones. They have to sand the roads. All I can say is .... NOOOOOOOOO THANKKKK YOUUUUUU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment