My brain feels like some mushy soup tonight. It was a busy week. I had the meeting, and the meeting, and the school board meeting. It was a long day. It was interesting...and painfully boring. That's the way it is. I can't imagine ever volunteering to be on the school board. What a time consuming job on top of a job.The first meeting gave me a painful taste of how local meetings go. They all had the same comments and requests. They just all needed the opportunity to voice them at least twice. The school board meeting was loooonnng. I wish I could remember something memorable about it. We did our presentation. We lived through it.
Anyhow, one of my student's parents brought in a flyer about an Education Day at our state baseball team headquarters. I checked it out and thought hey why not?? Learn about some math through baseball! SURE!!! So in one day I planned a field trip, contacted the right people, sent flyers home, found out if other classes wanted to attend, and taught school. Brain hurting sure! Yep! ya! You Betcha! Planning a field trip is a little different for us because: 1. Nothing is nearby, 2. Parents have a long way to drive their kids to school, 3. They need a lot of snacks, supplies, and materials, 4. You have to include bathroom stops, and dinner stops. 5. The students have to pack a bag for a field trip, 6. The students need guidelines for what they can bring, ... I am sure there is more but I can't think of it right now. Oh yes... The teacher has to pack a cooler, a first aide kit, trash bags, baby wipes, snacks for all, a change of clothes ( yep I learned my lesson), lunch, and more.
Mosquito season has come. I haven't noticed them too much but my students have been discovered by them! I am the anti-itch dispenser. I think my secretary thinks they should tough it out. The problem with that is they can't focus because all they are doing is scratching. A few of my students are very allergic to mosquito bites so they swell up like tomatoes. Tomorrow I am heading to see old "Sourdough Slim". I also had an invite to drive 3 1/2 hours for a movie. I am debating doing it just because it might be a nice change of scenery with some fun, positive, people! We'll see... the only reasons I'm thinking no is because of the drive, and I'm tired. A good night of sleep may change my opinion!
No comments:
Post a Comment