May 20, 2012

Sunny Day

It was a nice sunny day at the barrel race! It was really fun to watch my student. She was very confident and did very well. It was a bit shocking for me how many people put their inexperienced kids in the race. You could really tell the race was their practice ground. They will definitely need to find some other practice grounds before competition. Yikes. My student made it look easy. It was fun.

I then went into the small grocery store in this small town. I couldn't believe how much they packed into that space. They are definitely serving a need for that community. Making sure that it is all there! It was a little claustrophobic but I found everything I needed.

I got to spend the rest of my day/evening with some friends. It is always very relaxed at their house. We had a lot of laughs and a great time together.

A glider crashed in the mountains this weekend and the pilot was killed on impact.

Today is our Solar eclipse viewing event. Everyone in town is bugging my co-planner and I for the glasses. So I've been hiding out.  I am not carrying them around with me sorry people! I guess we will have no problem selling them all. Sheesh. So I was gone all day yesterday and today I'll be hiding out and avoiding the locals. That is good though because I seriously need to catch up on laundry. Another busy week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment