May 20, 2012

Solar Eclipse

It was a success we sold out on our glasses. Some people came with their welding helmets or even welding glass. That would've been handy! One gentleman had his camera rigged up to take photos safely. We had the fire pit going and  s'mores were cooked. I was happy to see how many people in the community showed up. One of our school board members drove down for it. That was very nice. It is quite a ways to come to show your support. What was pathetic... I was the only teacher who came for it. Not good! Everyone seemed to have a very good time! It was a nice way to spend a Sunday Evening. It was very cool to see the ring of fire around the sun. It is always good to have a WOW from mother nature. I was pestered all day long for glasses. We decided not to do any pre-sales. I was pretty sure we would sell out and not have enough. We did!  I did sale a couple to the folks at the gas station who  were working and could not make it!

 There is a local couple new to the area. So far they haven't made a lot of friends because of their very aggressive dogs. They always get them out let them loose at every event. I asked them to please keep the dogs away from the s'mores table. They didn't and the dogs were stealing s'mores out of the kids hands. They also let them into the lobby of the post office when they check their mail. I've had them growling at me when I am trying to check my box. This isn't okay!  They leave them on the sidewalk in front of the gas station. (Because they were told NO DOGS IN THE GAS STATION). So you have to get by them without letting them in the door. I don't see the locals letting this go on for too much longer.  The locals are dog crazy but they know the boundaries for what is acceptable.  Chocolate is really bad for dogs so I'm not sure why that wasn't a concern as they were gulping down 3 year old children's s'mores. Uggh.

I am pretty sure with my day out in the sun yesterday I didn't drink enough water. I fought a headache all day today. I have been guzzling water and must remember to do better! Well I am going to throw a roast in the crock-pot. G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment