I heard my own name so many times today I wanted to change names. My aide started giggling because it was happening so often. Only 2 days left in this week. I can do it! Yes I can!! I spent the last to days of my long weekend out at the ranch of one of my students. It was so peaceful and quiet. The landlords opened the Saloon for their family and they kept me up till 2:30 a.m. Then the old folks and youngest folks came early the next morning to make breakfast for everyone. I pulled pillows over my head, turned on my fan, and wanted to cry. Perpetual noise is very wearing to a person. I was so glad when they invited me out. The loudest noise was the kids playing outside and the wind blowing through. ahhhhh
I have been working on supplemental work for students to take home over the summer. I don't expect all of the parents will do it. The ones who do will make my job easier in the fall. It isn't much but doing a little practice now and then makes all the difference. I did finally open my new box of curriculum. I didn't have time to dive into it but I drooled a little over the books.
I had my proposal approved that I sent to the Superintendent. So that means I will be teaching preschool this summer. (What was I thinking?) I won't be doing it every week my aide and I are going through our summer schedules together. We will trade on and off depending on what we each have going and when. I also found a location to have it. The school has so much going on this summer for maintenance it can't happen there. So we were brainstorming ideas...and finally thought of the most obvious choice. The youth center! It just happens to be about 2 doors down from me on the same block. Nice and convenient. It is in town so everyone can get there easily, it has a bathroom, running water, and plenty of SPACE! Yay!
I am thrilled. I talked to the president of the youth center board and she unofficially approved it but was going to talk with the other board members. I know I am a nut for taking this on but the community really, really, needs it. If I don't make it happen...it won't happen. So as if I didn't have enough going this summer I add to it.
A warning light came on, on my car. Soooo I reset the computer according to my brothers instructions. It sounds very impressive but was super easy. (once I figured out how to put an attachment on my ratcheting wrench). Anyhow, then It came back on so I was figuring out where to take it. Then I found out my from my favorite trooper that he has a chip reader. So he's going to check out what codes are being triggered. Then hopefully I will know what the problem is before taking it to get fixed. Hopefully it is a cheap fix.
I almost dozed off there so I'm signing out....
No comments:
Post a Comment