February 24, 2013

Banana

I'll call it  "The banana bread experiment". Oh boy.   So I forgot I don't have mixing bowls. Other than in a box in a storage unit over one hundred miles away. That's a long drive for a mixing bowl. I also thought I had packed the blade to my mixer in the mixer box. WRONG! So I couldn't even use that. So I used some small  plastic freezer bowls I use for freezing soup, a kettle, and a variety of kitchen utensils. I also have a couple lovely bread pans in a box in a storage unit far, far, away. I had bought a couple throw-away tins at the store awhile back and so I could use those. This was mixing at its worst. Mixing bowls are made to mix things in. Their sides are at the right angles, and steep enough to keep things inside of them. They have lovely rounded sides that makes things easier to scrape off of them. Overall a mixing bowl is a VERY useful tool.

So I mixed the ingredients in my wee plastic bowls and kettles. Then I buttered and floured my tins. I poured in my batter and " BAKING SODA I FORGOT BAKING SODA!" So I grabbed some and threw a little in and mixed it around a bit. So as I said before I'll call it "The banana bread experiment". I have no idea how this will turn out.  When I was at the store I bought a back of those lovely browning bananas they sell cheaply so they can put their pretty yellow ones on display. So if this experiment fails I can do a couple more rounds. I also didn't use a recipe that I normally would use because I found myself missing some of the ingredients. I can't rush to the store to buy them so once again we'll see how this turns out.  I surely could've done some better planning, but where is the adventure in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment