February 1, 2013

Teams

Well, our little co-ed team had a game last night they played against a JV boys team and won by 19 points. Today they played a JV boys team and lost by two, then played the JV girls and won by 4. They are fighters. Today I went up north to a training that was actually worthwhile. It was kind of shocking. I really hope that the method we were taught I can put into place. If it works like it was described to work, I can make a HUGE difference in students reading. I am very excited. I also got the contact info of the people who did the training. I am very hopeful about this process.

We didn't get to finish the training because I had to go purchase items for concessions and then head back for the game. We ran to the store and filled a cart and drove back. The first game was exciting because it was so close the entire game. One of the fathers of our players was getting quite loud. After the first game and before the second the ref told me if he didn't tone it down I would have to escort him out. ME, MYSELF, and I would have to escort a grown man much older than I from a game. Oh my. That idea didn't excite me so I went to the Dad and told him what the ref said (he was sitting with his wife). I turned it into a laugh but he knew I was also serious, and the ref was serious. He toned it down thank goodness. I couldn't imagine having to do that.

After the second game we cleaned up. We were supposed to have a town team tournament tomorrow but one too many teams cancelled. I am soooooo relieved. What this means for me is that I can sleep in tomorrow. Then I can head to school and finish cleaning the kitchen. YAY!  It was just what I needed because my whole self is yelling at me to TAKE A BREAK! I can tackle some of those things I need to get done before another busy week. I head north on Wednesday for my STEM class. There is a lot going on next weekend but I decided I am taking a weekend for me. With everything that has gone on this last crazy month I know I need to get out of town. So I'm heading east for the weekend. There is also a coyote derby that weekend so I will need to escape the smoke and bar sounds. My friends were quite gracious in their welcoming me. It will be fun to hang out relax and chat with fun, positive, people. I need to be refreshed like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment