It's that time of year again. Yep the bar "stoolies" are out on the street again. Remind me not to complain about cold weather it keeps the "stoolies" indoors and off the street. I must exude strong independent woman, because four guy "stoolies" watched me unload my groceries tonight. I went to town today and did most of my errands. I picked up a few groceries for a colleague as well.
I felt like I got a lot done on my " To do" list. That is always a good thing. I have a lot to do at home starting with dishes and laundry. I got some cheap browning bananas. After I get my dishes done I will make some banana bread to freeze. I love Banana Bread. Good stuff!
Since I've had whatever virus, lung condition, throat issue that I have; I've been drinking a lot of tea. It has been getting me through the days lately. A couple of years ago my friend introduced me to Teavana tea. This company sells the most amazing loose leaf tea combinations. It ruins you for all other teas. I've been drinking a lot of Apple, Lemon, Pomegranate and Blackberry Mojito. If you want dessert in a teacup Cacao Mint Black is just amazingly yummy. My friend got me a electric tea kettle when the heat was out at school to make hot cocoa for the students. I've been using it at work to make tea when I start coughing and can't get stopped. I am sooooo over eating cough drops.
Yesterday, we finished our last chapter of Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski. I remember when I was little she had a whole series of these kinds of stories you can't find in print anymore. It would be fun to go back and read them again I really remember liking them. The kids really responded to this book. It was a story of neighbors not getting along well and it made for some enriching conversations. The next book we are reading is called Little Pear by Eleanor Frances Lattimore. I am excited to start this one.
We began our next PBL on solids, liquids, and gases. The kids really started making connections what these states of matter are, but we have a ways to go. They are excited about it which excites me. Well, I'm going to rest my head. G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment