January 22, 2014

The best laid plans...

The best laid plans. Yep they go awry. So I had a plan to meet a friend down south and do some sight-seeing. It didn't work out so I did some shopping and ran some errands I needed to do. I came back home and got some much needed rest. I tried to catch up on many of my much neglected chores. It was kind of a bummer but I did get a change of scenery however brief it was.

The next day I got a pretty bad headache and thought I was probably dehydrated. The sagebrush doesn't grow to high so I didn't drink enough. Watering the sagebrush isn't fun if you get caught. AHEM! The next day I felt a little off but couldn't put my finger on why I didn't feel well. Then I went back to school. I didn't feel particularly well but, I attributed it to a restless nights sleep. By the end of the day my stomach was making some creative musical sounds, and I had the chills. 

I had to get report cards printed and turned in. So a colleague helped me get that done and I turned it in. My plan was to come home crawl into bed and try to sleep it off. You can't really do that while your stomach is having a rebellion and you can't stop shaking. I called the neighbor and she brought me a soda. It did help calm it a bit. Then I  took some acetaminophen to hopefully reduce my fever. By the time it was reduced it was close to midnight. So you guessed it. Midnight lesson plans. I ran down to school and tried to get it all done. I really hope it made some kind of sense to my sub. I'm really not sure how coherent it was. My colleagues will help her out if needed. I saw the sub before I left work and warned her I may be requesting her. When you find yourself resting your face on cold metal doors to cool off, you just might be running a fever. Also, if you find yourself going out in 22 degree weather without a coat and feel quite warm, you might be running a fever.

Midnight lesson plans. It always seems to work out that way. Of course as I was leaving the parking lot I was greeted by a local sheriff. She heard a funny noise coming from the building. I did too but attributed it to our ancient heating system. She was going to check it out.

I miss living somewhere that you can go to the grocery store at midnight. Luckily the gas station was open and I could pick up some 7-up. I also remembered I had some powdered Gatorade. That saved me. Hopefully, I can get over this pretty quickly and get back to work. I was supposed to have my formal observation from my principal tomorrow. The other teachers in my grade level had the principal and vice-principal come in today. I was so glad I didn't get a visit because I wasn't on my A-game so to speak. I was just pushing to get through the day.  So I am off to try to sleep again.
G'nite


No comments:

Post a Comment