March 20, 2016

In the middle of the night....

Waking up in the middle of the night because of coughing what do you do? Its going to be a bit before you can settle in to rest. I paid a few bills. Watched a little TV., looked at Pinterest, but generally couldn't do much to alleviate the boredom. I  will have some Hot Lemon and Honey and attempt to go back to sleep. It wasn't completely wasted time I suppose. My cough has improved but something about lying down gets it going again.

I did a little reading about Reading. One thing I often tell parents is if they don't have "time" to read to please but an audio-book on in the car on long trips, or just play one in your home. I hear all the time "We don't have time." It drives me nuts that you can say you don't have time to sit down and read a book with your child?  The library will allow you to check out books, and audio-books. Its free! It just drives me crazy. What I truly hear is this isn't a priority. If the parents are perhaps illiterate that is why I suggest an audio-book. Just the exposure to the vocabulary and inflection of the reader improves students ability to read. So I have been looking into how to do a Reading center for my students on the cheap. There are a few ideas but truly by the time I had everything to implement it there would be nothing cheap about it. So it might be a Next Year idea.  I am such an avid reader. I always read to the students in my care as a nanny and I always made sure they had a library card. Small children if introduced to the library love it.  Also why can't you find an appropriate book that you could listen to as a family in the car or at home.  Read to your child! It makes a huge difference in their ability to read.

I've also been working on online applications and the like. I forgot how time consuming this process is. I remember spending hours online doing applications after leaving college. It is quite an ordeal. I have a couple more transcripts to order and a resume to update. It all takes time an I never feel like I have enough. Well...I am up at 2 in the morning. I will work on that!

I think my inhaler kicked in my coughing has lessened... G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment