March 8, 2016

Stealth

The stealth pooper struck again today. We couldn't find the culprit on camera again.  Luckily for the janitor and I it wasn't stepped on this time. So gross. Hopefully this ends or we successfully catch the culprit.

 I have been fighting a cold or allergies or something. All I know is I don't want it!

I had a to do list this evening. I haven't gotten far down the list. If you want to know how teachers spend their evenings it may be they are hot gluing plastic capsules with dice in them.

We use dice for all kinds of fun activities. Gluing the dice in capsules prevents flying dice. It's been known to happen with frequency. I also made enough that sharing is limited so arguing should be limited.   I may get really tired of the sound of shaking dice.

The challenge of a teacher is challenging the students who are having success. If they get bored well it is dangerous. It struck me today that a behavior that has been occurring the last couple of weeks has a lot to do with boredom. So I have been working on ways to change it up and challenge them a bit. Classrooms are interesting. You have a group that can't read the instructions and have barely learned the activity. You have a group that gets it but still needs the practice. Then the group that totally gets it and is now bored and trying to change it into something else to entertain themselves. Staying ahead of the last group is a challenge.

I was soo relieved to have hot water again last night I took a long hot shower. It was blissful. I hear it calling my name again tonight.  I have my Epsom salts with camphor and HOT WATER. G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment