August 16, 2016

Day 2

Day 2 of training....
Today's training made it feel like day 16 of training. The morning went fairly smooth. The afternoon was mind numbing and dull. We had a presenter as exciting as Ben Stein. Actually, Ben Stein with his monotone voice  would probably have still been a much better presenter.  So, yeah. BORING! It was things they had to be able to say they gave us an overview of, and they did. My colleague sent me a message "That's an hour of our life we can never get back"  I messaged back "I need to learn to sleep with my eyes open."  I won't go into any more detail because it is bad enough I had to experience it.

After we were done for the day I came back home and regrouped for awhile then went out to school. I met up withe one of my teammates and we helped each other with the new lesson plans and downloaded a document we need to be using. Then I worked on hanging up some curtains which ended up being a little more difficult than I thought. I have one more curtain to hang when I get back tomorrow. I arranged some things and my friend delivered a bookshelf I bought at a yard sale. I was working the whole time but still didn't seem to get  a lot accomplished.

Tomorrows training is supposedly what we need. We go to our own school site and meet our mentor. I don't know if  mentors are assigned to more than one new teacher or  what. I will find out tomorrow. We will go over how things run at our own school site. So that will be beneficial. I think most of the day we will be permitted to work in our own classroom. YAY!  They are also providing the new staff members and mentors with a  "Getting-to-know-you" staff lunch.

Well I need to drink some more water and hit the hay! G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment