August 12, 2016

Yard Sale...Ant Invasion

Got up early this a.m. to go yard-sales with a friend. I was hoping to find some shelves for my classroom. I did find one. It isn't anything very purty lol but it's sturdy and should work. My friends are going to have a yard sale tomorrow so I am going to try to get some more boxes unpacked so I can get rid of some things.

I started seeing a few little ants when I arrived back from up north. It seems to be the year of the ants. The house I lived in before I moved had a gazillion ant piles in the driveway this spring/summer. Up north I was helping Mom to stop the invasion at her house. Now I come back to MORE ANTS! Makes me itch.  So yesterday I caught my landlord before she left for the day. She gave me some ant bait and said she'd come look tomorrow. I had been vacuuming up every time I went to the kitchen. They appear to be coming from under my dishwasher. So after setting out the ant bait I waited a bit and then went to look. The whole container was flowing with ants. There were some on the way in some on the way out. By this morning they had pretty much emptied the ant bait container. I sent my landlord a picture last night of these invaders. She said she'd send the maintenance guy by this a.m. to spray.  I don't know how these boogers find a way in but they do!

I forgot to drop off one of my transcripts at our district office so I ran in to do that today! I couldn't believe I forgot one. There were two transcripts from different schools and they have similar identifying traits and colors so I missed one! Thank goodness I had a copy. So I think I am prepared there. I submitted all my other paperwork so I can start getting a paycheck! Whooo hooo!

I found out some retired teachers are having a yard sale tomorrow. So a teacher friend and I are running out there tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can find some "good" stuff there!  Outfitting a classroom takes time. There are so many new staff members and not enough furniture etc to go around. Some of my colleagues got a little obsessed with making things look "cute." I just want to start off organized. "Cute" can be an expensive little trap that doesn't give you any function.

When I was up north mom and I picked up some nightlights so when they visit they wouldn't trip on there way to the bathroom. I have them plugged in now.

Our District Health Fair is coming up soon. I can get blood work done for free or a low price. That reminds me I need to schedule that.... ! I don't know if this county has a health fair like my previous one but I am glad the school district has one!   Well I best get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment