August 29, 2016

1st Day

First Day of Kids! I survived and so did they! Have some procedures to get a little better on. Need to do some desk rearranging. Have a lot of chatters. I can't believe how quickly the day went by. It was crazy. Many parents are willing to volunteer so I need to set some jobs up for them that will be a help. Need to nail down my schedule a little better as well. Tomorrow we have Music. The music room is currently a classroom until the portable classrooms can be set up. We have ten portables which is twenty classrooms. Really that could be another school. It's crazy.  I was impressed by the number sense the majority of my students came into my classroom with. I think we are going to be able to make some great strides.

In our teacher's lounge this morning we had popcorn, m&m's, peanut m&m's, Reese's Pieces, and bottled water. It was so very warm in my classroom I was thankful for the water.  Afterschool, I pretty much cleaned up and got ready for tomorrow. It was amazing. No meeting, No interruptions. I was able to accomplish so much. The next thing I knew it was 5p.m. The day went by so quickly. On my way home I stopped at Office Max to pick up some labels I had forgotten to purchase.  The line of mostly middle and high school students with harried parents was strung down the aisles. I couldn't believe how quickly they checked them out and sent them on their way. Amazing.

I went to pick up a package and visit my little buddy for a minute. While he laid on my lap and stuck his stinky feet in my face(annoying me is fun) he told me about his school day. He ate lunch and rode bikes. That was pretty much it.  As I was leaving he said "Sha not go home." I said "Yes, I need to go to bed." He looks up at the sky and says "No Sha, the suns not down."  That fact didn't really bother me.

Last night was a short night. I had trouble going to sleep. Teachers are just as excited and nervous as the little turkeys in our class. Then at 3:30 a.m. a neighbor leaves to work then accidentally set off his car alarm. Then the neighbor above me  well I have no idea what happened. It sounded like he fell out of bed or dropped a heavy weight at 5 something in the morning. So I hope whatever survived the fall. It made my short night a little shorter.

So Now I need to get off to bed because another busy day awaits.
G'night

No comments:

Post a Comment