Another Night... at School... allllll by myself. Luckily I went in to start the laminator and realized my co-teacher had forgotten to turn it off. That could've ended up a bad bad deal. So then I started Laminating, Laminating, Laminating... and more Laminating. Then I jammed up the Laminator. I kicked myself a couple of times... couldn't figure out how to fix it so decided to leave it till tomorrow until I had some help in fixing it. I only ended up losing two things to Lamination Hell. So that wasn't too bad. So I started cutting out what I finished laminating... cleaned up my classroom... started making another list of things I still need to get done! It is quite a list.
It had been a fairly quiet night at school. I had my fan running so I didn't hear any pack-rats, or wildlife of any sort. I felt like I was getting something done. Which is a very good thing.
Next thing I know...
there is a LOUD BUZZING NOISE GOING THROUGH THE SCHOOL... I JUMP OUT OF MY SKIN... HEART PALPITATIONS.... IT IS THE FIRE ALARM. WHAT HAVE I DONE???? AM I GOING TO MEET THE FIRE DEPARTMENT TONIGHT?? WHO CAN I CALL???? I finally remember I have the secretaries number in my cell phone. I call her... and she comes down. We can't figure out what zone is setting the fire alarm off. She helps me un-jamb the laminator and I decided I've risked enough for the evening. No firefighters at school... just the secretary and I to figure it out. I calm down fairly slowly. I decide maybe I am not meant to be at school by myself at night.
Tomorrow is the beginning of three days of meetings. Happy Happy joy joy... NOT SO MUCH!! Hopefully, I learn some good stuff. Something other than how to turn off a fire-alarm and jam a laminator.
No comments:
Post a Comment