I am ready to throw the school technology out the window! To start with we cannot log on to any computer because the Tech Guy hasn't entered us into the network. So we log in under an old teachers name. Then we can't log into our school e-mail because that has not been set up yet. We can't log into the software program where all of our student information is stored because that isn't set up yet. Our students won't be able to get online to do assessments because we can't log in yet. I can only get on one computer with the previous teachers name. Then the printer that was hooked up to that computer died. The previous teacher told me that it didn't work and she didn't know why but she never bothered to tell anyone. So I can't print. I couldn't install another printer on that computer because there isn't enough memory to install the driver. I can print to the Secretary's printer....if it decides to work. Its feed isn't picking up the papers too often these days. I am irritated! Our brand new Teacher computers are still sitting in boxes unopened. UGGH! Even if I could print the computer is soooooo slow it is torture! It is like being on Dial-up. It is like the early 90's technology. It is miserable.
The fire alarm went off at school again today. I jumped but not as high :)! Now I know how to silence it. The power went off because of thunderstorms we had today which triggered the fire alarm. If they don't get that fixed it could be an entertaining first few weeks of school.
Tonight I met a local who does "garbage service" WOOT WOOT! Everyone has been telling me that they aren't sure my care would make it to the dump in the winter. It would save me time as well. Tomorrow they start building a geo-thermal plant here it has brought in quite a few temporary laborers. So that is good for the town. Well I had better go I have a lot to do tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment