There is only a certain amount of time that going through 30 years of educational materials can be considered fun,entertaining, or at least interesting. I passed that allotted time days ago. I am sooooo over it. Today I found a bag of baby bottles in the back of the cupboard. While others wanted to speculate as to the "why" of it all. I wanted to say a few bad words... LOUDLY!! Has ANYONE EVER ATTEMPTED TO CLEAN HOUSE?? Uggh! I really want to be done with purging my room of junk and move on to organizing my class for the year! Maybe even do a little scheduling, lesson planning, or reading of curriculum! I doubt the backs of these cupboards have been seen in years!!! I have 3 filing cabinets and 2 cupboards to go. Cupboards isn't the right word either. They are probably 7 feet tall and 2 feet deep. They were PACKED FULL! At a certain point I think I am going to just have to stop and hope to go through it later. I do know where the important stuff is. I also have a handle on what curriculum is available. I also know where to find every math manipulative ever made. I also have pretty much every educational game, flash card, and resource made. I may be exaggerating slightly. I am at the point I am downright unmerciful on throwing stuff out.
My co-teacher came in and was like oh look at this cool stuff.... etc etc. I was at the point that I couldn't see anything "cool" about any of it. JUST because you CAN purchase something. Doesn't mean you SHOULD purchase something. Oh yikes!! We also need Bill Gates or Steve Jobs to come in and give us new computers! This school is neglected in the computer area. We do have Smart Boards. Yee Haw. The computers are pretty sad though. I think they are still running Windows XP. Anyhow, while I continue to kill spiders and eliminate dust, I am quite irritated with the continuing purging of my classroom. It is headache inducing to see how money was wasted. There was someone at some point who was buying without researching. So that is where I am at. I am sick and tired of cleaning out junk.
Okay in more exciting news. I may be moving out of my apartment over the saloon soon and into a real apartment...! I met the lady who cleans the apartments... and I am a bit scared. I may have some serious cleaning to do there as well. Anyhow, I get to go see it this weekend and perhaps it will be better than I think! I can only hope! Also we are getting a delightful preview of Hot August Nights with old cars going through town. That is a nice change from Harleys. Alrighty. That's what is new... or maybe it is the same ole same ole. It is what is happening though. Ooh and I get to go see my cousin(s) at the lake soon! It will be my last time to chill before school madness begins. Whoo HOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment