Well... It has a nice size living room/ dining area kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with a shower and claw foot tub! It is long and narrow just as you would imagine an old western style building being built. Balcony on the front overlooking the highway/ main street. It is nice and cool despite the hot day so either it is well insulated or that thermostat I haven't figured out yet is actually regulating the temperature! The entrance is in the front via a long narrow flight of stairs! Out the back is a small patio/ deck with the hill rising behind it and then a street and more homes. The hill is high enough there is quite a bit of privacy back there. The main bedroom has sky lights which is pretty cool. I am glad to have landed for a bit. Hopefully my next place will be less temporary.
I am testing out my wireless broadband. Found one place that I can get two bars on it. I will tweak and see if I can up that. It is just enough to get on the internet though! So that is what I wanted. I will finish unloading my car this afternoon/evening and then tomorrow will head down to the school for some more cleaning. I did go visit my storage unit today and was able to find my step ladder and a couple of my totes of clothing. My wardrobe has expanded. I went to the grocery store before heading back here and I realized in the store I was getting a little carried away. The car was pretty full... and I was optimistic about what I could fit. So I got the basics managed to get it all in there (creatively) and left for home.
I found out that 2 of the people we interviewed were the spouses of the other teachers. yikeseroni. We did not end up hiring them so hopefully there are not hurt feelings. Small town life. Somebody ain't gonna be happy!!! I have found more that is missing from the curriculum... need to decide what to do about this. Hopefully my principal will work this out for me. I don't think I have ever had a secretary as educated as our current secretary. The secretary is always the squeaky wheel but this one is phenomenal. She has educated herself so if she gets education related questions, concerns, etc. she can answer them. She also took a course on how to do standards based report cards. I am just amazed at the extra MILES... she goes to be of service to the school, students, and families. It is awesome!
Well I'd better go
Have a great day
No comments:
Post a Comment