Tonight I went to our Drama Club School Play. The high-school has limited students to draw a talent pool from. So I really admire that all of the student's participated even though... It might not really be their thing. We are also lacking in MALE students so the ladies had to play 'gents for the play. It was a really cute play. We were able to watch a partial dress rehearsal with my whole class this afternoon. It was fun to watch my class respond to it. Much of it was quite over there heads (thank goodness) and they laughed at punchlines that weren't really punch lines!! :) I think it was good for the older kids to start with such a supportive audience!!
I was thinking earlier today how many people help you achieve your goals. If you think you've done it all on your own you are wrong! There are soooo many ways that people help you meet your goals. In little and big ways but all meaningful. For me it has been encouragement, Math-tutoring, jobs, resources passed on to me, a little cash help here and there, kind words, a point in the right direction, ..... Honestly this list could go on and on. It isn't one person... or one thing that helps you achieve your goals. It is many people along the way that help you get there. I was reminded of this today because quite unexpectedly I received a box of books from a teacher I had worked with only once or twice. I didn't even know she knew of my "Book Shortage". Many people have helped me by sending down books to me. If you could see how many books you need for this many grade levels. I think you'd be shocked. I am very appreciative.... but this box that came all leveled and labeled and ready to go from someone I don't really know.... Well it made me stop and think about all the helping hands that have come my way. Just think about something in your life you worked hard to achieve. Then ask yourself if you did ALL of the work to get there!
Anyhow I feel like I am starting to dream paper-grading. I need to evaluate my system a little better to save time. I don't know... anyhow next week is our school carnival, we have a special visitor coming to talk about Halloween safety, at school Halloween Party, Report Cards are due, and what else can I add to my list... there was more but it escapes me right now! Goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment