You can see a picture of my Halloween Project to the left of this post! It was a fun way to spend a Saturday. I am pretty excited by how well it came out. I have tried to find a word to describe this object I painted. I wish we had a word to describe it. It is a piece of plywood... Painted by MYSELF, with holes cut out to stick a face in for fabulous photo opportunities! The best terminology I have found online to describe it is "carnival cut-out". Since it will be used for our school carnival I thought it was very appropriate! If you have a better word or words to describe it let me know. I am very proud of this painting project. I really like how it turned out. I probably would've done another one but we are out of plywood. Since I have a LOT of papers to grade that is probably a good thing!!
Tonight I stopped at the gas station for a soda and some unfortunate folks were trying to find an air-compressor to air up their tire. They had already used fix-a-flat and were in a rental car(no spare)! I let them use my mini-compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter! Hopefully they made it to the next town. This is not the state to have a flat tire in! I am not sure one spare is enough! I cannot believe our Gas Stations do not have an air-compressor! It is plain silly. Chevron or Shell needs to get it together and put one in!
The wildlife in my classroom has been less than thrilling. Lately we have been invaded by giant stink bug beetles. The kids freak out. You can't just stomp on it because they release their STINK!!! So we are running out of plastic bags from picking them up and taking it out! Uggh! Then below the window on the floor we have ants creating a pile. The sand pile grows.... we vacuum and they continue their work again. Daddy long legs are in every single nook and cranny. These are possibly the only spider that doesn't send me shreaking out of the room. I am getting pretty sick of them though!
It was decided that our Holiday Christmas program is going to be a school-wide effort! This is probably a good thing! We have a lot of students leaving early for the holidays! Well.... I had better sign off that's all I know for now....
No comments:
Post a Comment