Today was an especially nutty day. Usually this is the day the kids lose their minds.... and they did.So The problem was I was pulled for meetings and we didn't have enough help during that time. If this "mandatory" meeting hadn't been sprung on me I would have told them NO NOT TODAY!! I chewed them out though. It can't happen that way. Anyhow the kids get a little nutty when I am gone from the classroom that long. So by the end of the day they were tired, not listening, grumpy, and having crying jags. Tomorrow should be a quiet day in comparison. I was about to leave school then remembered my groceries. A parent went to town this week and picked me up a few things. It was sooo nice and allows me to not go to the grocery store for a bit longer :)! When I went out the door the first time all I was thinking was I'm tired I want to go home and relax. So going back to get what I forgot further irritated me. Then I left school and started to watch the sunset. The colors started out soft pastels and gradually grew more brilliant. It was good for me to stop and enjoy the view. The sunsets here are often very dramatic. It is one of my favorite things about living in this state. I left on-time today... and I was still the last teacher to leave the school. I guess If I didn't have half the school in my room.... I could leave early too :)! Tomorrow night we have our 1st quarter awards assembly. It starts with a "Potluck" dinner. I luckily with that Costco trip bought a pre-made lasagna. So I can pop it in the oven at school... and there ya go. Oh man that just made me think of Garlic bread. When was the last time I had Garlic Bread???? or even FRENCH BREAD....mmmmmm sounds good..... not going to happen though.
Anyhow I had a beautiful finish to a long day.... see Pictures to the left
Isn't garlic bread one of the basic food groups?
ReplyDeleteIf it isn't it should be! :)
ReplyDelete