September 16, 2012

Happy Birthday TO ME!!!

It has been a lovely weekend! I got to hang out with some friends in the country and breathe some fresher air. Every time I go out that way I think I need to find a place to rent out here. It is a longer drive to school but is so peaceful out there. At nighttime the stargazing is just beyond what you imagine. Most nights you can even see the Milky Way. I  love how peaceful it is out there. There are a couple of places for rent and I am going to seriously consider it.

I was feeling soooo much stress the end of last week I really had to consider how to let it go. With a lot of prayers and getting out of town it made a huge difference. I really want to start my week off with a positive attitude and a smile. So that is the plan. If it gets to me I need to go and watch the stars for awhile! I spent some time with some great people this weekend  which was really beneficial.

One of the folks I visited with was getting ready for a sermon this Sunday. He was asking me about my thoughts on forgiveness. Here I've been going through this situation and forgiveness wasn't at the top of my list. We discussed it for quite awhile. One thing that we have a tendency to do is judge others for their lack of forgiveness. It is such a process and needs to be done in peoples own time. You can't push anyone to forgive. Sometimes someone else doesn't know they've done something, or need forgiven. Also, sometimes you think you have forgiven, but all you've gained is a little distance. Then when confronted with it again all those feelings come back and you know forgiveness hasn't been achieved. Then when you think about God's capability of forgiveness and the breadth and width of what or who he has forgiven. That is too phenomenal to big for words. We finished our conversation with the fact that  we know we've forgiven when there is peace. It was a great conversation.

This very peaceful weekend allowed me to take several steps back and breathe and let go. I really think it will give me the opportunity to start off a new week with a good attitude! This weekend I also met a young lady who just moved here to be with her husband. She finished her teaching degree this summer and wants to volunteer. I had a long talk with her and she was soo excited and asked me a lot of questions about education and school. It was refreshing and rejuvenating for me to chat with her. It brought me back to why I really love me job. It is those little faces that greet me every morning ready to go. It is awesome! She is going to volunteer at least a couple of days a week and then will be subbing for us sometimes. So things are moving in a positive direction.

So Happy Independence Day to Mexico hopefully, you can find some Independence from the strong arms of Drug Cartels! And Happy Birthday to ME!! Thanks for all the phone calls and messages! It has been a great birthday!

P.s. the saloon got a little noisy this weekend for a coyote roundup! I don't know what is more scary that I am learning to sleep through it or that I think it's normal!

p.p.s a good friend of mine had a healthy baby today so that is my best Birthday Present yet! Congrats to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment