September 21, 2012

Orange Cones

This state has a unique gift of distributing orange cones generously for miles, and miles down the highway. It is really great because it lowers the speed limit 20 mph. Such torture! I don't understand their methodology for road construction. 

I drove the kids 4 hours away for a cross country meet. It was fun to see them compete and find out more about this sport. I am thinking I may need to organize a meet in this town if we have kids competing next year.  It was a very long day though. I also found out if you eat at a buffet on friday, it might be a seafood buffet. YACK!  Check it out first. Yep yep.

The negativity is wearing me out around here. I have been turning around and walking away. I sometimes think if they could see themselves, what would they think. It is sooooo frustrating to want better for students when everyone around them is like "why bother?". UGGH! It is a obstacle for sure. At the beginning of this year we got this story about we're all pushing the same wheel and to move it forward we all have to be pushing it. Well I think there has been some speed bumps and some folks throwing obstacles in front of the wheel. 

On the way home from the meet this evening I took out two jackrabbits, spotted one coyote, and a few hundred bugs. Stinking jackrabbits. Seriously you need to drive through here just after twilight. It is like the signal went on to run into the road. Then in the morning the vultures and hawks are sitting in the road eating the carcasses. Yummy!

I had a tire issue this week. It needed to get changed till I can get to town and buy new tires, get an alignment, etc. Thank goodness for teenagers that live in the boonies. I set out the spare tire, and came out after school the tire was changed! Awesome!

I am sooo sleepy so I will sign off for now... G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment