September 19, 2012

Reflections..

If I reflect back on the past few weeks I can pretty much sum it up like this. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
Yep yep! I've made it though. Some things were a serious pain in my behind. (Sarcasm alert)  I LOVE how this town embraces incompetence. Yep drives a soul batty. It is nice to get verification from other people once in awhile.... "Have I lost my compass for what is normal .... or does this sound nuts to you too?". 

Tonight I met the other teachers and high-school students on the mountain side to paint the first letter of our towns name. It hadn't gotten a refresher for a couple of years so it was definitely needed. The kids were fairly controlled in their painting. Not too much paint on one another. They demonstrated a bit of self control.

In other news I found out our cross-country coaches paper work had not gone through. Somehow I think it was one of those deliberately lost files. It happens once in awhile. So I am driving the team 208 miles one way to their meet on Friday. What I do so they can compete. 

I had a parent volunteer in the classroom today. She is awesome because she dives right in. I don't have to ask her and she comprehends what the students are doing. It is absolutely fabulous. YAY... then our principal, school counselor, and a interventionist came it. The counselor I had invited to do a "good touch bad touch" lesson with the kids. Of course the student I  wanted to have this lesson the most was pulled from school. OF COURSE! Sigh!   Then this is irony. Playing soccer out at recess one girl gets a soccer ball kicked at her and she has an amazing shiner. Then another one slips and slams her forehead into a bookshelf. Big bruise in the middle of her forehead. So I have this lesson and send them home bruised and banged up! Sheesh! 

I started my school law and constitution class this week. I will have a lot of homework every weekend but it will only last 4 weeks. So hopefully I can get this all done without too much headaches. I found out about a new teacher that moved to a community south of here from the other side of our country. I am going to try to meet her because I think she left the green green grass of home for the sagebrush sagebrush land of sagebrush.  Well my pillow is shouting at me...

G'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment