I had a four hour training on SMART Board technology yesterday. It was one of the rare trainings set up by the school district that actually held a lot of value for me. I was quite excited to finally get my hands dirty with this technology and learn more about how to navigate it. I also feel like I can start creating some of my own lessons on there which was my goal! What was even better is we had a lot of fun while learning. That is huge. At first I was worried because most of the application was about high school and a program they use that we don't in elementary. Then they switched and got down to the brass tacks of it. It was pretty fun. We also got some access to some lessons already created. YAY!! So that was good to attend a training that didn't make me say " why did we attend that if no one intends to implement it?" or "why did we attend that if we have to beg for the supplies to make it work?" or "why did we attend that when there are way better programs out there?". Those are the most common questions I ask. Luckily this time it was about practical application of technology we have.
After training I had a quick lunch attempted a quick nap and then went back to school to make sure they had what they needed for a home game. Then I hid in my classroom and worked on things until it was time to leave for our field trip. It was a cute play. The Missoula Children's Theatre came down to a local town auditioned students and helped them put on a play. We had a few giggles. The town asked us to audition next year. I am not sure what that would look like so I will need to gather more information. It was fun for the kids though. On the drive bag home near the top of a mountain summit our lights started flickering. If I had more confidence in the bus driver (age 73) I probably would have experienced a little less anxiety. Unfortunately just the act of riding on the bus is anxiety inducing. We managed to pull off and figure out that for some reason his overuse of the dimmer switch was making the connection not work. So he had to with a virtually full moon in a vast desert, not use his "brights". So we made it home again. The excitement on the bus rides is a little too much for me. It is always something that makes you dream of a younger bus driver say maybe 60 years old :)!
We got in late last night and i quickly greeted my pillow. I am waiting to find out from some parents if they are going to the big city. I hope they are we need some supplies for our 13 mile run and I really don't want to make the drive to town. Especially since I need to buy new tires. I just don't want to tempt fate.
No comments:
Post a Comment