I spent was somewhat lazy today. Decided not to go in to school today, and got a few things done at home. I managed to wear my pajamas most of the day which was just what I needed! Then I got a phone call. One of my friends from the town I lived in before was driving through and wanted to meet me for dinner. So we had some good laughs, talked about movies, and more. It was a fun break! It was funny because I was just thinking I'd make a pot of Taco Soup..a little unenthusiastically, and he called to have me meet him for dinner. I really loved working with his wife a the year before last ! She is pregnant with their first boy and due in the next couple of weeks. So I expect to hear very soon that she had the baby! I often visit their family when I go back to that town. I really enjoy hanging out with them. He has pretty much gutted and remodeled their entire home. It is fun to see what he has done every time I visit. The funniest story he had to share was stopping at Wal-Mart in the town where I go grocery shopping. He said when he was going into Wally-fart a very attractive woman was setting up a "kissing booth" in front of the store. He was kind of surprised to see that at a store and was wondering how desperate for money she was that she would kiss Wally-fart customers! So he went in and came back out and the price for a kiss was 1.00$. However, the kiss recipient wasn't the attractive woman but a Great Dane. He said he giggled about that for many miles down the road.
Today the town had a "wine walk"! It was a good day for me to hide out. They don't really need an excuse to drink here! I heard sirens going a couple of times. I don't know if it was "wine walk" related but I will probably find out later. Tomorrow I have a lot to do at school but it was good to take a day to check out!
No comments:
Post a Comment