Welllllll..... Internet died, decided to work again, died again, is working again! (knock on wood). Luckily I have access at work or I wouldn't have worked on my online class, paid bills, and a variety of other exciting things. So I'm behind on the news. I probably forgot some of the news...bummer.
Over the weekend as a truck was going up the road and I was taking my trash to my car I heard a yell " That's MY Miss C" the truck pulled over a child jumped out and gave me a huge hug. Then they took my trash and drove off. That worked out well for me! :) So don't argue with a 1st graders ownership of their teacher or you may end up taking the teachers trash to the dump.
I drove the cross country team and the day after they ran 13 miles 2 of them beat their personal records. That is awesome! We took them out for Mexican food where I broke my own rule and ordered a Hamburger. I just didn't want to drive kids home in a van after eating beans. It was a delicious Hamburger but you know what.... next time I am having the beans anyway. That's why they put roll down windows in cars right?
Ummm it is Hunting Season which means a lot of hunters driving through with trailers, atvs, and camouflage gear! It is interesting to watch. You can tell "city" folks because they park their trailer right next to whatever highway and then drive their ATV's miles up to the mountains. The locals camp in the mountains, or at least well off the highway. Interesting. Dad was excited to hear about a 4 x 6 Mule Deer. Although the nagging has become incessant about me getting my hunting license. Sheesh!
A parent with their Agriculture Ed. degree came in this afternoon planted herbs with my students and discussed what things need to grow and where they grow best. It is great. She went home and her husband said "You look awful"! She really appreciates how much hard work teaching is! It is really nice to get that respect. It takes a lot of energy.
Speaking of that. I know that there is a lot of talk about teachers their vacations, not working much etc. I will be the first to say their are a lot of teachers abusing the system that are in it for the wrong reasons and aren't doing what they should be doing!....... Tonight I go to the gas station... the owner keeps asking me if I want to work there. He's had good luck hiring teachers. He's desperate for help. 1 day a week he says. How hard is it to get help, and how poor is your help, when you are recruiting teachers to work at the gas station? Not that we aren't capable... it just amazes me that people are so unwilling to work! The Math teacher works there on weekends at least a couple of shifts. Anyhow, I just had to shake my head, If I need a 2nd job....look for me at Chevron :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment