October 15, 2012

one of those

This is one of those times when you just have to let go and hope it works out okay. I am absent tomorrow for my class and I have a sub. The sub said she will sit back and let the aide do the work. Ummm Okay... I said I'm not sure that will work. Oh my .... I don't ever want this sub again. We have a new sub but my colleague is gone for 2 days and so they put her in there. I have another person who just got her sub license but now has to wait for the paperwork to go through the county. I can't wait for that to happen. Having a good sub here is just the BEST THING EVER! I just try to be glad for progress.

 I've been under a lot of stress lately. One of my friends said I don't know how you are handling this so well. I don't know either. I know part of it is having good people to talk to. Wise people who give good advice. I know I am flawed, imperfect, and all. But I know my priorities are in the right place. I did a lot of thinking this weekend to prepare my mind for another week. I could step back and look  inward. I realized I just need to remain true to what I know is right. If I can do this and still be kind it will all come out okay.

Tomorrow I drive about 3 1/2 hours for my STEM class. I am so glad to have this to attend right now. It gets me around people who are excited and motivated and working to be better at their job. I came back energized and revived last time. I hope it does the same for me again. I really the refreshment.

I got a lot done this weekend but little was work related. I focused on projects at home for a nice change. I got a lot done and felt good about it. Part of me felt guilty that I might be neglecting work. It was good for my brain to move elsewhere for awhile.

My former aide and amazing person made a great suggestion to me. She said next time I have to be absent assign an Junior Substitute. She knows my students well and they LOVE to be bossy and in charge. I could give them a task list and have them help the sub in anyway they can. I think it is a great idea. They know the routine better than anyone. I will have to put that into action next time.

I've been making Tin Can Jack-O-Lanterns. At first I just looked at the picture and made the assumption that I could make them without directions. Wrong. Try to punch holes in a tin can without a solid surface behind it and well NOPE! So I went back and read the directions (bummer)! LOL So Freeze them full of water and then hammer nails or punches into them. It works. I have about 6 more to do. Then I will paint them.


No comments:

Post a Comment