I usually write on my blog after work when my brain is tired. Then I come back and read some of my blog post and notice all my errors. Forgive me my spelling/grammar errors. It is so weird how you can do basic math all day and come home and can't do it. It tells you how tired a brain is by the end of a day. ''
Today was a good day. The kiddos worked hard this morning and then after reading time we focused on our play. We wrote a play as a class about the three states of matter. Today was the grand performance for the parents. We did have a practice round several weeks ago for the upper grades. I really appreciated all the parents, friends, and family that came for a short little play. There were a couple of students that didn't show up. I don't know why so I quickly rearranged the lines and we pulled it off with barely a hitch in our giddy-up. It was a great way to end a long week. The parents enjoyed it and the kids were proud of themselves. So it was good.
Six days of school left. SIX DAYS! Our aide has started to help me box things up in my classroom in preparation for new flooring. Also after two years for some random reason they decided to give me my username and password to submit help tickets for maintenance. It was amazing. I immediately put one in to get a white board put back up that they took down over spring break to do some painting and never replaced it. Also to fix a lock on the Uniform Room door. Students have been accessing it and trying them on for fun. I don't know if these help tickets will be acknowledged but it made me feel like there was a possibility they would be taken care of.
The upper grades worked on making a rock outline of our high school initials on the hillside below our track field. They just finished placing all of the rocks. I guess there is a plan in place to paint it but it looks very nice. The seniors had their first week back after their senior trip. I have to figure out how to become their class adviser. They went on a cruise to Alaska. From what they said they had a wonderful time. They were excited about the unlimited food at the buffet, seeing lots of green, and how moist their skin became. They were pretty lethargic this week but with only six days left I imagine this lethargy will get progressively worse.
I am looking forward to having some visitors the last week of school. Although I will have to clean the mountain of clean laundry off the guest bedroom bed. At least they are clean clothes! Well I've been forcing myself to stay awake till a reasonable hour... I think it is here... so off to my pillow I go...
Have a lovely weekend and Memorial Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment