May 21, 2013

Stoolie Season

The "bar-stoolies" are out and about. Mostly out on the sidewalk.  The music is loud and their yells over the music louder. Not my favorite season of the year "stoolie season".  If you've read my former posts you know I live over a saloon which is closed the majority of the time. However, virtually all of my neighbors are also saloons. When the weather gets warm they celebrate by drinking outside on the walkway. They open the doors to the saloons and the otherwise contained noise filters into the streets as well. I fondly (ahem) call them "Stoolies" because they bear some similarities to the "stooges". They sit on their bar stools and solve the worlds problems and create more than they solve. So "stoolie-season" is here. I don't hear them much unless they  are quite near my house or I am in my front room.Well, or if they happen to get in a fight and pull a weapon on one another. Otherwise my walls are so thick at the back of the house I do not hear them much.   It is worse this time of year because we have drillers and temporary workers in town.

It was quite a day today. You never know what  a day will bring that is for sure. We had a meeting after school and as usual I was wowed by the professionalism. I feel sure I have something more to learn from all I've been through this year and seen this year. Is it any wonder I am counting down the days till school is out. The more I learn the more I want to make sure I have very good people around me. Good people help you to be the best  you can be as well as being encouraging.  It is why I am looking forward to heading north for awhile this  summer. I need to get back to the basics of why I love teaching and focus on my students. 

So if you can walk into your home without hearing the "stoolies" opinion on the state of the world.. You may want to move... HA HA!   

No comments:

Post a Comment