I've been thinking a lot about judging. It seems more and more people are justifying their behavior, actions, and choices by saying someone else is judging them. I don't believe it is wrong to judge. I believe it is wrong to judge and not turn that same judgement upon yourself and reflect on your own behaviors, actions and choices. The verse I believe is in Matthew 7 that talks of judging others and ourselves. We have to have some discernment on what is good and right. I feel saying "you're judging me" is a cop out for people to do whatever they want. Everywhere I turn lately it seems someone is trying to justify their choices to me or to the world, or to someone else. They want someone to say it is okay and find people in agreement with them. If you feel completely secure in your choice you don't feel you owe anyone an explanation. I know I am guilty of doing this as well. It is a dangerous trap. It is natural to seek approval from others. However, who are those "others" we seek approval from? Just some of my thoughts lately.
I headed east for a couple of days this weekend. I hung out with some friends and had a great time with them. It is one of those places where you always feel like the door is open and they're happy to see you. So it was a very relaxing time for me. I came home and have almost completely tackled my mountain of dirty laundry. I haven't tackled the folding part of that yet. I really hate folding laundry. I need to get over it though I don't see that chore ever ending!
6 school days left. I spoke with a colleague tonight and he said "Are you tired?". Yes, YES, I am. We are tired mentally. It has been a really rough and long year. We need to step away and refresh. Six more school days, the 7th day is a work day for teachers. I can do this. I am really hoping their will be some positive changes over the summer. I know there will be some for me because I will get away and spend time with friends and family. Looking forward to this.
No comments:
Post a Comment