I hope everybody had a nice Mother's Day. I sent my Mom a gift card and Dad said " What's this for" Uh Dad.... Mother's Day ahem! It was a quiet weekend which was nice for me. Got a little laundry done, did a little cooking, did some dishes. Nothing exciting but that is exactly what I needed. The weather has been very warm here and by the end of the day today I thought we were all going to melt in the classroom. I finally turned off the lights and we worked that way. It helps keep it cooler. It is this time of year and in the fall that I have to push the kids to drink. I worry they are getting dehydrated and don't know it. So then I remembered when I was visiting the mine they had a "Urine Color Chart" taped to the back of every bathroom stall. It gives the colors and how much water you need to drink. So I taught the kids about it and hung it in their stalls. Then of course they alllllllll had to go to the bathroom to analyze the color. Only a couple came back and said they needed to drink some water. It made me laugh, this process. I think it is important to teach kids how to listen to what is going on in their body. It is so dry where we live and when the weather gets warm you can get dehydrated pretty quickly. I am sure there are some parents are going to learn more about urine color tonight. I talked to a couple of them and they thought it was funny and a good thing as well. So... if you are interested you can find a
"Urine Color Chart" here.
Tonight we had our Athletic Awards Presentation and Potluck. They always do it up right with the potlucks around here. We even had some greenery this time, I saw lettuce and some broccoli. Quite impressive. Anyhow all of the coaches came and said very kind and wonderful things about the athletes. Before all that though I had to give a little speech. I hope I articulated as well as I wanted to. Once you're talking you're not sure how it is coming out. I was disappointed that only two of us teachers showed up tonight. That is fairly typical though. You can only do what you can do though. Scheduling this was a pain because the seniors travel dates for their senior trip kept changing. So we finally just decided on a date and went for it. So the seniors did end up being gone, on a cruise to Alaska. I hope they are having a great time.
I am tuckered out so I'm hitting the showers... g'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment