Something was wrong with my satellite receiver so I missed the latest presidential debate. Bummer. What I did instead was work on some things for school. I completed a couple of laminating projects that I hadn't had time to get to, and printed some things off. Speaking of printing Windows 10 which I hate, has done many glorious things that makes computing a pain. Apparently our privacy has gone completely out the window and they pretty much record every keystroke. So at least once a day I type in "I hate Windows 10." They did some stupid automatic update that made nothing work correctly. It took a lot of browsing over "Geekster" Blogs to find an answer. I found a lot of complaints and disgust over Windows 10. I also found the answer to the issues. I finally was able to do what I needed to do. Windows 10 is a horrible terrible product. Apple products are not the answer either. I'm waiting for an alternative. Anyhow, after all that technological difficulty I completed a lot of school work.
It has been interesting being an observer at work. I don't know how they are getting it all done. There are so many changes this year I admire the graciousness with which the administration is handling it. There is a huge change in staff and more staff members than they've had before as well as a larger student population than they've every had before. Piled on top of a lot of new staff to train we have new mandates from the state. These mandates are coming to us based on new state laws regarding reading in the education system. The state is figuring it out, passing it on to administration and specially trained staff. They try to articulate to us what is going on and what it means for us. They've had to adjust and readjust the schedule and adapt quickly to changes. It has to be extremely stressful. It has been amazing to see how much administration takes on for us. We have testing that is completely new, and some that is new to the school. They have to put a lot of plans in place to meet the guidelines of the law.
Halloween. It's serious business here. I can't believe how much of our school day is devoted to Halloween. It's nuts! I handed off the party to a parent volunteer. She planned the activities, is buying the supplies, and organized parents to bring food, drinks, etc. I am thankful that is out of my hair!
My little buddy is hanging out with me tonight. He's watching one of his favorite shows. He raided my fridge, my bag of lollipops, and snacks. I think he's full for now. He's played with toys while I did a load of laundry! He showed me how to cough in my elbow. I can tell his preschool teachers have been busy! Tonight he walks by me and says "Sha... I love you Sha." I'm not sure if that was the root-beer talking or what! He also said "Sha me fart a little fart!" So you know there is a lot to brag about!
Well he wants to shred some papers... so I am off! G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment