October 30, 2016

Trick or.....

uh oh... Windows did another update on my computer I wonder what won't work properly now!


We had some serious rain for us on Friday. We had flash flood warnings. There was rain running down the roads and along side the highways. Just not what you usually see here. It was a drippy drizzly day. I was able to accomplish a lot on Friday. I did some grocery shopping, bought a couple of houseplants, voted, and ran a lot of errands. I also went to our local parade in celebration of our statehood. I went in the rain and helped my little buddy pick up candy. You know the parade is over here when the street sweepers come through.

Saturday the sun came out and it was beautiful. I went and got my cooler out of storage and headed north. Drove about 2 1/2 hours to a nice big-little town surrounded by farmland. It was a beautiful day for a drive. I met an old teaching friend and we talked about our profession and how different it is from where we were before. It is such a change for both of us. It makes you really appreciate where you are now. Then I went to Costco and picked up everything on my list and then some. Costco always has some rather tempting items. That was fun then I headed back south before dark. I was getting home as the sun was setting. The sky was red and pink above the darkness of the hills. I was able to get my groceries put away. I took some Costco purchases to my friends house they'd asked me to pick up. I helped decorate a little for Halloween. They are going to have the spookiest house on the block. I'm not sure little kids are going to want to walk up there! My friend is a creative guy. He's great at finding cheap yard sale items, or thrown away items, and scrap wood and turning them into something else. So it will be fun to see the final product tomorrow night. I am handing out candy at their house while they take the kids trick-or-treating.

Today the wind picked up and blew pretty hard for awhile. It was then followed by another rain storm. We are supposed to have some thunder starting soon. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty clear. It isn't going to be a very warm day. Which is a bonus. Maybe it will get my classroom trick-or-treaters in to bed a little earlier. (I can hope!) Today I am working on my laundry for the week. I should be making a plan for my school Halloween costume. I'm not into it. Not at all. Don't wanna. My team is all dressing as a similar character. It's one day... I can probably survive. I need to make sure to make my cup of hot tea in the a.m. I'm going to need it to get through all the Halloween excitement tomorrow.  Think kind thoughts for all teachers tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment