October 18, 2016

Good and Busy

Good but busy day. I had one of my many formal observations today. I really like my new administration. They are just so supportive and encouraging. Anyhow, it went pretty well my students were fairly well behaved and did what was asked of them. They also were discussing their thoughts and deepening their understanding. I can't ask for much more than that.

My highlight of the day was after we finished spelling one of my students said "I am starting to like spelling now that I can read my own handwriting." Oh my. I have been working hard to help this student in handwriting. This is a perfect example of why we teach handwriting and why we should continue to teach handwriting. It did make me chuckle though. We've had a few conversations about handwriting and what will happen if I can read it or others can't read it.

Tonight I had to drop off more coloring contest papers to pick up free pumpkins for my students. They could go with their parents to do this but most don't. So I offered to drop them off on my way home from work.

It was a beautiful drive to and from work today. The clouds high in the sky and sheets of rain seen off in the distance. When I got home I had to have a little discipline and sit down and work on my online class. I need to work on it when I am not soooo tired. We accomplished a lot today. Including writing thank you notes to the geologist who explained fossils to my class, what to look for to find them, and then joined us on the field trip and hammered a lot of rocks apart. I hope he gets a big kick out of the notes because I chuckled at a few of them.

Well off to shower and put on my pj's. I took out the trash tonight...maybe I can get lunch made for tomorrow. If I stay awake.........

No comments:

Post a Comment