I have a little guy in my classroom that has a lot of needs. One of his troubles is staying on task and focusing. However, he is quite intelligent picks up on things quickly and often surprises me. We were working on spelling and we were going through the spelling rules. I was trying to trigger some memories of what they rules were. There was a lot of guess work going on. This little guy had interrupted multiple times with unrelated thoughts. I was getting a little frustrated. I finally had the class focused and analyzing the possible rule. There was still a lot of guessing when all of the sudden he says "It's Job 3, English words don't end in v or u!" I had no idea that he'd been paying attention to the rules we've learned. Woot! He got a high five and a lot of positive reinforcement from the class. You never know when something will stick!
This next week is going to be busy. We have a fire prevention talk at the fire station. It's right next door to our school. So mini field trip! We are celebrating our statehood with a lot of different activities. Side note we have Friday off of school to celebrate our statehood. It is also parent-teacher conference week. We have half days with students then two afternoons spent in conferences with our parents. I have NO idea how this is going to go. We have a brand new report card format. I expect explaining that will be a pain in the arse. The PTA is making us lunch on Wednesday so that will be nice. The FBLA at the high school does a fundraiser every year at parent-teacher conference time. They have bright futures if this is a sign of their business acumen. They do a tri-tip dinner! There is a family dinner for purchase or an individual dinner. They deliver to teachers! Amazing! Parents can also eat the dinner at the high school or pick it up to go. It's a busy week for all so that is a brilliant idea. I will be very ready for the three day weekend following that.
Then it is Halloween. Halloween on a Monday! It's going to be hectic with sugar highs and lows. Yeah...
No comments:
Post a Comment