September 15, 2017

Busy Week

Well week 3 is in the books. I am so pooped. A couple of us stayed at work till about 9:40 tonight getting ready for next week. Since our copier (which we print to) is STILL  not working we've had to use the little slow copier in the office. It made for an evening of many many copies. Just enough copies to get through one more week. I realized on my way out I'd forgotten a couple of things. I had a to-do list that had 29 items on it. I was able to check a few off the list. I brought a little work home. Will I have to go back to work this weekend. Yeah...I will!  I just don't want to feel like I am drowning next week.

 Parents have been asking all of us a lot of questions when is this or that going to start. It's been hard because things that normally start earlier have been put off for testing. There isn't much we can do. There is also things we haven't been able to set up things and get them in place because of not being able to print.

We had to rush to get our assessing done so we could divide all 2nd grade students into groups and put them in interventions or extended learning based on their reading needs. I have the low group. It is a disturbingly large group. It is disappointing to have so many students so low in reading at the beginning of second grade. Now some will move up and out of this group quickly and will be ready for the next group. Some have some serious delays in reading and there is more going on there. Some parents are realistic about where there students are and some are not. It is difficult to make big changes if parents do not see the need.

I came home last night and saw the pile of laundry. It was a little discouraging. I ran a couple of loads through just to make myself feel like I accomplished something at home. I hope I can get enough done for work that I can work on my home stuff. It has totally fallen by the wayside. It has been hard for all of us teachers to keep are chin up this fall and keep going. It isn't just me it is ALL of us at the school. The demands with testing and new curricula is making it hard to maintain the pace. The upside is although it has been rough I work with really good people. We work together well and everyone tries to do their part. That makes a huge difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment